Microsoft word is an extensively used application by users worldwide. It can be used on numerous devices. Chromebook is one device that allows the usage of word application, although the users also use google docs as an alternative. There is some confusion often among the Chromebook users related to the installation of the word application. In case the device makes use of the web-store, then you will require using the office online from Microsoft rather than the word app.
You Can Implement These Steps for Setting up Word on Your Chromebook
- You can start by going to the Google play store using your Chromebook. Further, you can make use of the search bar that appears on the top for inputting word or Microsoft word. Further, you can hit enter for continuing the search. After this, you will see the word app appear in the search results.
- After this, you can click on the install tab that appears next to the application. You will see that it starts downloading automatically. Once the download has been initiated, the green-coloured button named install will turn to cancel. When the download completes, the button will change into open.
- The user can easily access the word application via the launcher. For logging into Microsoft office a pop will flash on the screen, the users can click on the allow tab for enabling Microsoft the access needed to the files, photos and media.
- Further this, the users can login to the account using the credentials and hit enter. After this, they will be prompted to enter the password, in case the user is logging in using the credentials of university or has a business account they will be required to go through a few security measures to ensure safe login.
- You can follow the prompts that appear on the screen, after a successful login, the user will be directed to the word homepage. The documents can be accessed on the left panel side. Users can also open a new project and work on it.
Kaylee Smith is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. She writes for Ms-Office products at office.com/setup or office.com/myaccount.