Microsoft Outlook is an efficient component of www.office.com/setup which is used for mailing purposes. Now you can easily access the Gmail related mails in your Outlook. It is effortless to add the provision of Gmail for Outlook with easy steps. You can look at these given below guidelines for setting up Gmail in your Microsoft outlook.
Enabling the Feature of IMAP
- Start by enabling the settings of IMAP in Gmail; this way, Outlook can access the mails. You can proceed by opening the Gmail account in your chosen browser. Click on the icon of gear which appears in the top section at the right-hand side, further select the tab of settings.
- You can verify the settings once you open the tab of forwarding and IMAP/POP. Select between these protocols for syncing the emails. Choose IMAP access and check the toggle related to enable IMAP.
- Further, you can choose the option of mail below the Dropdown menu of select app after this go-ahead by choosing windows when asked for device selection.
Adding the Account in Outlook
- When you have opened Outlook, then you can click the tab of file and then choose the option of add account from the tab of info. You will require to input the Gmail address and then hit the connect button.
- Further, you will be prompted to input the Pass-code; you can type it in the box and then press the connect button. Further, you can enable the access related to the apps that are less secure from your account of Google.
Using Gmail in Outlook
- If you want to use the Gmail account via Outlook, then you will require to make the settings default. You can do this by opening Outlook then going to the File menu and clicking on info and then choosing the option of account settings.
- Further, you can tap Gmail address from the email tab and then select the settings of set as default. In this manner, you will see the Outlook opening up by default.
It is easy to configure set up Gmail for Outlook, and you can download the office package from www.office.com/setup to access Microsoft outlook.
Kaylee Smith is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. She writes for Ms-Office products at office.com/setup or office.com/myaccount.