Microsoft office is a program that is used on many platforms. The office.com/setup package is used by millions of users across the globe. Some users have confusion on how to upgrade windows 8.1 to the 10 version of windows. You will need to make sure your copy of the operating system is activated. You can further read the instructions to upgrade windows successfully from version 8 to 10.
Backing up The PC
- You will require a regular backup of your system in order to safely migrate to the windows 10 version.
- The procedure of update is not destructive which implies you won’t lose any of your personal data or the apps installed. After this you will need to turn off the external antivirus tools or third-party tools.
Using the Assistant of Windows 10
- The update tool is fairly easy and straight forward. If you wish to migrate to a 64-bit Windows 10, from the current 32-bit version then you will require a clean install. The update tool will figure out the suitable edition. For instance, if you are using the pro window version 8 or 7 then your system will be updated to the windows pro edition 10.
- If you are using the home version then the update will be made for the windows home edition 10. However, one cannot change the editions while an update takes place.
Launching the Installer
- You can run the tool of the installer, further, you will be prompted for upgrading the PC. You can choose the upgrade PC now option then click on the next tab. If you get prompted to accept the terms and conditions related to the agreement you can click on the accept tab.
- You can keep some of the settings as they are by choosing one of the options. When you click on the tab named change what to keep you will see options of keep personal apps and files. The second option will be keep only personal data and files. The third option will be nothing.
- Depending on your preference you can click on one of these options. And then configure windows.
The users can utilize the www.office.com/setup program on windows 10 They can upgrade from version 8 to version 10 in the steps given here.
Kaylee Smith is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. She writes for Ms-Office products at office.com/setup or office.com/myaccount.