The MS office error code 0xc004f074 can persist due to several reasons. It’s an activation error that commonly persists when the customer Key Management Server (KMS) is unavailable to activate installations of MS Office. It can also persist when the date and time in the device is not in sync. If two different versions of MS office versions say 2010 and 2013 are co-hosts on the same server, then also this issue can crop up.
To troubleshoot MS Office Error Code 0xc004f074 quickly
Deactivate then Activate the DNS Host
This error happens if the DNS host publishing does not update to its latest version. The ideal solution to resolve this error or issue is to deactivate and then activate the DNS host publishing. In order to do this, follow these steps below.
- Press Windows + R keys from your keyboard. This will open the Run dialogue box. Within the Run dialogue box type the command Regedit and click on Enter. This will launch the Registry Editor window.
- Inside the ‘Registry Editor’ window, navigate to the following location ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform’.
- After that, on the right-hand side of the window right-click on the blank area. Then, from the popup option choose ‘New’. From the sub-option list, select a sub-option ‘DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Now, in the newly created DWORD option, double-click to open the dialogue box ‘Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value’. Alter the ‘Value name’ to ‘DisableDnsPublishing’ and set the ‘Value data’ to 1. Lastly, click on the ‘OK’ button. When you do this, then the DNS publishing will be deactivated
- In order to activate the DNS publishing, you will have to set the ‘Value data’ of the above DWORD entry to 0.
Install the Current MS Office License Pack
If there are two MS Office versions hosted in the same servers, for example Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016 running on the Windows Server Operating System, then you might face these issues. The easiest and the effective solution to resolve this issue is to download the current license pack for the MS Office application. After that, install it on your server. To get the latest license pack, visit the official website of Microsoft website.
Check the Date and time of your Device
You can oppose with MS Office error code 0xc004f074 if the date and time in your device are not synchronized with that of the server from where the license activation of the MS Office application will happen. The only way to correct this error or issue is to adjust the date and time correctly on your device. The process to correctly set the date and time is as follows:
- Go to the taskbar and navigate to the Date and time section. This section is just beside the Notification section.
- Now, right-click on it and then select the option Adjust date/time. This will launch the Date and time page on the Settings window.
- Inside that window, toggle the switch of the Set time automatically to switch ON position. Do this specifically for the Windows 10 OS only.
- For any other versions of the Windows, you will have to right-click on the time and date section. Then, click on the option of Adjust date and time. This will display a dialogue box with heading “Date and Time”. In that dialogue box, locate and click on the tab ‘Internet Time’.
- Under this tab Click on the button of Change Settings. This opens another popup window with the name Internet Time Settings.
- Put a checkmark on the option of Synchronize with an Internet time server. After that, besides the label Server, click on the drop-down list and select the option of Update to Update it.
- At last, click on the OK button on this window and then on the dialogue box.
Connect With Expert Technicians! For More Issues
Call certified professionals for MS Office customer support to get quick resolution at your desk. Our tech support specialists work 24/7 to bring the customers world-class solutions for any MS Office issue with efficient guidelines. Customers are delivered solutions as per their needs. Moreover, solutions are matched according to the latest industry standards. The expert team is always happy to assist its customers via communication methods or via live chat support.
Kaylee Smith is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for Ms-Office products at www.office.com/setup or office.com/setup .