Microsoft is a big tech giant, and its products such as the office.com/setup is a reliable software package that allows the users to create presentations using the powerpoint application and detailed documents using the word application. They can also create spreadsheets using the excel app. it is essential to keep the docs protected to access them for future reference without them getting lost.
You Can Read About The Instructions Below To Protect Them Using A Password
- Start by opening the office program application; you can choose any; for instance, you can open the word application. Further, you can click on the option of file. After this, click on the tab named info. If you see no prompts, then you can click on the tab of info.
- Next, you can choose the option of protect document; after this, you can click on the option that states encrypt using a password. Now you can proceed to input the password that needs to be set. After entering, you can click on the ok tab and then enter the password again to confirm it.
Protecting The Documents On A Mac
- You can secure the documents of office on your Mac by opening the office application. After this, you can go ahead and click on the option named review. Further this you can choose the option labeled as protect the document.
- Now you will be prompted to input a password for locking the document safely. Once you have entered, you will be asked to confirm it by re-entering the passcode. Make sure both of these passcodes match each other. Once done, you can click on the ok tab. Once done, you can click ok again for finishing the password setting procedure.
- The passcodes provide your documents a security provision, so to access these documents, you will require a password every time. However, you will not need to use a password when you decide to delete the office documents.
The www.office.com/setup application provides security for the documents, with the password encryption provision. You can apply this feature on your documents using the mentioned steps above.
Kaylee Smith is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. She writes for Ms-Office products at office.com/setup or office.com/myaccount.